Tauriel

I have already managed to see The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug twice in the past 5 days.  The film is fantastic hands down no major criticism, however the one subject of debate is the new addition to the story: Tauriel.


Tauriel is a new addition that did not belong in the book, I admit I never did read them, but when you consider that both The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings are pretty much a boys club (No I did not forget Arwyn or Lady Galadriel); I did not see the harm.

Let's see, Tauriel is totally badass, she kicks some serious Spider and Orc ass, that one is not a simpering female Elf, after all she is a Captain of the Guard.  There seems to be something going on in the background between her and Legolas but when she meets Kili, it has all the making of an interesting love triangle.



To be fair, yes there is a slight romance current going on, but I do not believe that the addition of Tauriel "ruined" the movie in any way. Like I said, she can hold her own in any fight and when you are really objective her presence was not overwhelming in the movie as we all know there was a lot of things going on with the Dwarves and Smaug.  She is also the one that opens Legolas' eyes to what is going on: "Are we not part of this world?"



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hey there, I am Nadine, a pretty much a Tv, Movie, Books and to top to all addicted to a couple of games. I am not much a regular blogger.. but I like to maintain a presence when possible.

My Tumblr

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon


Plus