The move!

WHen I was at university in Hawaii, I was moving nearly every semester for a new apartment or shared space with friends in order as all poor students do save as much money as possible.

After all that hassle, I guess I developed an allergy to moving! Well leaving Paris to work in Scotland was a pice of cake! Only bags stuffed with clothes and I was good.

Now, a number of years later, I faint at the sight of all the junk accumulated! Well not really junk, after all I love my books and my DVDs with a passion... I am talking about the 5 closet full of clothes and I always end up wearing more all less the same stuff. Such a waste is scandalous (mea culpa). Now it is time for sorting, cleaning, packing etc, etc...

To sum it up, my worst nightmare...

No wait, the nightmare is finding a good moving company, now this is what I discovered:
  1. I have too much stuff for the usual DHL, FedEx etc... its too many boxes and not big enough or heavy enough, price quoted OUTRAGEOUS!
  2. I do not have enough bulky items, i.e I don't own big furniture to move, thus referred to DHL etc...
  3. Lets not get me started on those who don't even bother calling back or reply to online query forms. As a customer service manager, that is really bad form
Finally, after much begging and pleading with the forces that be, I found the perfect company, with a very reasonable price, a fantastic help and pack feature for my massive Tv and the rest is history! Smart Removals, as for now have done a fantastic job, we will see how everything will be upon delivery!!!

So will keep u posted!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hey there, I am Nadine, a pretty much a Tv, Movie, Books and to top to all addicted to a couple of games. I am not much a regular blogger.. but I like to maintain a presence when possible.

My Tumblr

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon


Plus